[Development] How to create new Qt modules or tools

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 12:07:42 CET 2011

> I really like the model of enabling the community to submit build results to a central dashboard. It allows those with an interest in a particular platform/compiler combination to put in the initial setup work and have their combination included in the automated build/test infrastructure. The Kitware guys make it easy with simple instructions to get a build submission up and running this was a key factor for me to add builds for the platforms/compiler that matter to our group. Heck, it even motivated me to set up similar things for the rest of our code base, so I guess we're proof that such a system can encourage better habits. I've missed not having a similar thing for Qt.

I agree with this. It brings my next question: Could "cmake" also be
an option in Qt Playground until there is no such a service ? I would
personally miss this opportunity as it makes the project quality
better. I do not currently have the manpower for maintaining two build
services simultaneously, and the qmake part would still remain
untested. That is also fine if the publishing of the build results is
sorted out somehow with qmake inside the qt community. I could use my
own servers for building as I do with the current way by using cdash.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

PS.: My other questions are hopefully not forgotten either in the flow. :)