[Development] How to create new Qt modules or tools

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Dec 12 15:27:40 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM,  <marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com> wrote:
> What is it that you require to upload the results to  a cdash, and why wouldn't qmake be able to do so?
> I thought cmake simply ran cdash to upload the results, and certainly qmake can easily add the rules for doing the same?
>
> What's the command line you need to run after a 'make check', and which variables do you need to control that process? (Server name, user name, password etc)

It is probably a lot less simple without using ctest. I am unsure how
many of them are relevant, but ctest has 46 C++ files and some
scripts. Here is a bit simpler way of doing it:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CTest:Using_CTEST_and_CDASH_without_CMAKE

On the other hand: it seems to be an acceptable way to use other
buildsystems, like cmake:
http://www.mail-archive.com/development@qt-project.org/msg00162.html

This topic brings my next question: what about projects migrating to
Qt Playground, but had been using doxygen rather than qdoc?

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp