[Development] Long time before becoming approver?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Nov 3 12:05:24 CET 2011

Hi,

Frankly, I don't really get this discussion. What is the rush exactly in
appointing approvers? Why is there is need to speed up the appointment
procedure?

We have /just/ started working with the open governance model. I would
suggest we first try it out in its current form for a while before we start
changing it. That way, we can see what works in practice, instead of
changing the rules while playing the game. As long as no real problems
occur with the current rules, I don't see the need to change them, let
alone complicate them by introducing probation periods and the likes.

If a serious and urgent need arises, I trust Lars to make the right call in
the interest of the project and use his benevolent dictator powers to bend
the rules for a specific case or force a decision when needed.

Andre