[Development] QTextControl and QLineControl

andrew.den-exter at nokia.com andrew.den-exter at nokia.com
Fri Nov 4 09:39:46 CET 2011

Sometime during the refactor QTextEdit and QLineEdit acquired their own copies of these classes leaving QtDeclarative as the only user of this private API that I'm aware of.  Coordinating bug fixes that required patches to one of these classes in qtbase and and TextInput or TextEdit in qtdeclarative was an acceptable complication when it was a shared code base, if it's not shared then we have unnecessary  maintenance overhead in and we're essentially circumventing CI for these classes as the only tests are in the qtdeclarative repo.

So my question is, is there some plan for these classes that justifies keeping them in qtbase or can I move them to qtdeclarative where they'd be more maintainable?

Andrew