[Development] Platform / compiler support

Friedemann Kleint Friedemann.Kleint at nokia.com
Mon Nov 7 16:45:55 CET 2011

Hi,

> >It'd be nice to have a list of reference platforms and even better if such platforms had maintainers who'd provide testing results, help fix issues and>generally ensure the platforms are in a working state. Supporting a platform may also have implications on the release process. Anyway, all of that is a>bigger discussion.

I volunteer for Windows/MSVC. Also, I think, we should
include/explicitly mention MSVC2010, which is different from MSVC2008 in
that it has support for C++11 (read: Using C++11 constructs requires
extra checking with this compiler).
We could actually require MSVC2010 as minimum version once Qt 5 reaches
release status.

ATM, we still support MinGW/gcc 4.4 and we are looking into supporting
MinGW/gcc 4.6 and 64bit versions of it.
But that will probably be limited to qtbase.

Regards,
Friedemann

--
Friedemann Kleint