[Development] Platform / compiler support

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Mon Nov 7 17:56:14 CET 2011

On 07/11/11 17:36, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The list I had on IRC was similar to yours above, but it called for MSVC 2005.
> And the reason why was to try and get 90% to 99% of the current users of Qt.
> But I wasn't calling for supporting them, it was just the beginning of the
> discussion.

There's not much that happened for the C++ compiler between MSVC 2005
and MSVC 2008, see [1]. So I don't think that we're running into
problems supporting 2005.

Instead of looking at the compiler, maybe we should agree on a minimum
version of the Windows SDK which implicitely defines a minimum version
of the MSVC compiler?

BR,

Jörg

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb384632(v=VS.90).aspx