[Development] Platform / compiler support

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Nov 9 08:21:20 CET 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the top posting. I wanted to indicate that we are currently
supporting the following compilers for Qt Commercial 4.8 (including
primary and secondary):

VS2005
VS2008
VS2010
MinGW 4.4
Gcc 4.2 - 4.4
Xcode 4
Sun Studio 12 (CC 5.9)
Sun Studio 12.2 (CC 5.11)
Integrity Multi IDE 6
xLC 7
aCC 6.10

For us, if Qt 5 works with these, as well as new versions is a good
starting point. Making sure that Qt 5 works with latest compilers such as
VS2011 is important, as they typically provide significant advantages over
the previous version.

It would be good to have more compilers supported, especially for the
embedded platforms. And definitely it is very important that as few as
possible compilers are ruled our by design choices in Qt.

Yours,

--
Tuukka Turunen
Director, Qt Commercial R&D

Visit us at: www.digia.com or qt.digia.com

Qt Developer Days 2011
Munich, Germany: Oct 24th ­ 26th
San Francisco, California: Nov 29th ­ Dec 1st
Meet Digia and Qt Commercial at both events!
For more information, please visit:
http://qt.digia.com/en/events-devdays2011