[Development] QtV8 and the unittests

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Nov 22 18:49:42 CET 2011

Hi all,

I want to run QtDeclarative on MIPS and I will need to apply the QML changes
for this backend. I wonder about the pro/cons of having implementation and
tests separated in two different repositories.

Pro: The tests can be run with the normal Qt autotests, no other buildsystem
needed (Gyp/Scons). Tests will be run more frequently.

Cons: Implementors (e.g. like me for MIPS, or the next guy for SH4, ARM64,...)
need to find how the tests in QtV8 relate to code in one of the V8 patches.

any other pros/cons for having the tests and impl separated?

thanks
	holger