[Development] QtV8 and the unittests

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Nov 22 22:57:03 CET 2011

On 11/22/2011 06:49 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to run QtDeclarative on MIPS and I will need to apply the QML changes
> for this backend. I wonder about the pro/cons of having implementation and
> tests separated in two different repositories.

Hi Aaron,

I think there is no Gerrit for V8 changes itself. I have patched the MIPS
FullCodeGenerator like it is patched in ARM for the QmlGlobalObjectOperand.
The test case in QtV8 are passing now. It would be great if the initial commit
message would go into some more details when and when not to use
QmlGlobalObjectOperand() and when and when not to use RelocInfo::CODE_TARGET.

E.g. why does this not use CODE_TARGET?

FullCodeGenerator::EmitVariableAssignment
    __ ldr(r1,
var->is_qml_global()?QmlGlobalObjectOperand():GlobalObjectOperand());
    Handle<Code> ic = is_strict_mode()

        ? isolate()->builtins()->StoreIC_Initialize_Strict()

        : isolate()->builtins()->StoreIC_Initialize();

    __ Call(ic, RelocInfo::CODE_TARGET_CONTEXT);

thanks
	holger

PS: Will work on the global compare tomorrow.