[Development] Qt 5 Raspberry Pi device program

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Nov 24 11:26:20 CET 2011

On 2011-11-24 09:22 AM, quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:
> In any case don't hold your breath for Taku: it's just a collection
> of upstream packages required to run Qt 5 on top of the hardware.
> But we are glad that you ask since it will surely welcome more
> expertise in order to get the plumbing below Qt well fixed.

I've been working with OpenWRT which provides the functions of a
router, NAS, LAMP and media server all in a package less than 16Mb
so I am keen to get a feel for Taku to know if it's anywhere near
as flexible as an OpenWRT base. I am particularly interested in
intergrating Qt (or QML) with their UCI system but I have not
yet managed to build Qt 5 using their Busybox/uClibc/buildroot...

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci

So if Taku just happens to be OpenWRT based then I'll be an
extremely happy Qt5/RasPI hacker. If it's just a cut down MeeGo
or Ubuntu system then I'll probably stick with OpenWRT.