[Development] [Qt5-feedback] 3rdpart platform plugins, tests and CI

Sergio Ahumada Navea san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Nov 25 20:14:49 CET 2011

Hi,

On 11/25/2011 02:52 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 11/25/2011 02:40 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>> On 10/31/2011 11:30 PM, Sergio Ahumada Navea wrote:
>>
>>> 2) Build ->  Execute Shell
>>>      Command (without the #):
>>>         # git clean -dqffx
>

>> I finally had a little time and my question would be.. What should I set
>> qtgitreadonly to? How long does it take until a change pops up on gitorious?

I'd say that "qtgitreadonly" has to point to Gitorious or your local mirror.

New changes should appear on Gitorious every 5 minutes, afaik.

> hi again,
>
> one more thing. it is a bit painful (both on time and bandwidth) to always
> clone qtbase, qtwebkit... I assume you don't suffer too much because you have
> local mirrors in Oslo/Brisbane. How difficult will it be to attempt to update
> the repository (instead of failing) and only to rm -rf it in case the git
> fetch fails?

How do you think/propose this should be done in a better way ?

Right now for qtbase we only clone qtbase, for qtdeclarative we clone
qtdeclarative and the modules it depends on.

If you want to test qtdeclarative for example, you seem to propose to do
just a "git pull" or something like that in the qtdeclarative directory.
Where are you going to get its dependencies from ? There are no qtbase
binaries at the moment.

> holger

Cheers,
--