[Development] [Qt5-feedback] 3rdpart platform plugins, tests and CI

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Mon Nov 28 02:53:10 CET 2011

Holger Hans Peter Freyther said:
> On 11/25/2011 02:40 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> > On 10/31/2011 11:30 PM, Sergio Ahumada Navea wrote:
> >
> >> 2) Build -> Execute Shell
> >>     Command (without the #):
> >>        # git clean -dqffx
>

> > I finally had a little time and my question would be.. What should I set
> > qtgitreadonly to? How long does it take until a change pops up on gitorious?
>
> hi again,
>
> one more thing. it is a bit painful (both on time and bandwidth) to always
> clone qtbase, qtwebkit... I assume you don't suffer too much because you have
> local mirrors in Oslo/Brisbane. How difficult will it be to attempt to update
> the repository (instead of failing) and only to rm -rf it in case the git
> fetch fails?

The mirrors help, but we also use a transparent git wrapper script,
so that the result of clones/fetches/etc is automatically cached.
However this script is not public and is quite buggy.
I would rather move to doing this explicitly, e.g. by using the
--alternates option to Qt5's init-repository.
https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTQAINFRA-126

Alternatively, if someone knows of a publicly available and good quality
caching wrapper or similar for git, please speak up :)

It would be fine too, and not very difficult, to update/clean the repos
if they already exist, rather than starting clean every time.

Holger, have you considered starting to work on these changes?
The vast majority of the "users" of these scripts (i.e. the people
submitting changes into Qt - indirect users) will not benefit at all,
so you cannot expect high prioritization from us.