[Development] Qt{X11,Mac,Windows}Support

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Nov 30 18:42:46 CET 2011

During the Lighthouse documentation discussion here in San Francisco, one of
the topics raised was where classes like QX11EmbedContainer and
QMacCocoaViewContainer would be. They cannot be in QtGui because QtGui does
not link to the necessary libraries.

So our conclusion is that we need a set of libraries that are platform-specific
and would include those classes. It's up to the application developer to
guarantee that the application is using the right Lighthouse plugin if they
use the library unconditionally, or they need to use a plugin system based on
the Lighthouse plugin loaded at runtime.