[Development] Qt Project Missing Infrastructure

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Mon Oct 31 15:46:34 CET 2011

> Qt Project
> ==========

Do note that the Qt Project consists of more then just the Qt Framework.

As such please pay attention in wording and do distinguish those two.

> * There are no internal docs on how things work to release
>   * Never been written down
Because that's simply not true for Qt Creator.
See http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Creator_Releases

> * Releases
>   * Start a release team
>   * Release team will 'start the clock' on a release, then decide when
> the required quality level has been reached.
>   * The decision of if the quality is good enough will be made by the
> release team.
>   * Aim to release within a month to six weeks of starting the process.
>   * If bugs are found during testing then maintainers are the ones who
> should ensure they get fixed

Nor should is this in any way close to the way we have/want to release Qt
Creator.

>   * Should we release binary snapshots such as those currently
> provided for creator?
There are no Nokia provided binary releases of creator snapshots anymore.

daniel