[Development] [Qt5-feedback] 3rdpart platform plugins, tests and CI

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Oct 24 19:03:38 CEST 2011

On 10/24/2011 04:01 AM, Rohan McGovern wrote:

Hi Rohan,

> The build logs issue is tracked by
> https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTQAINFRA-139 and should be
> solvable with a less drastic solution than an entire switchover of the CI
> tool.

I was not asking for a drastic move. I asked for building up a
Jenkins/whatever system in parallel and once it can do everything the current
CI system can do, it would be nice to switch over. The only blocker from my
side is that the CI/Pulse system is a bit mystic (If there is documentation I
did not read it).

Is this something where Nokia could provide a FreeBSD Jail/Linux Container
(still insecure, so probably OpenVZ)/Virtual Machine? Or should this be setup
entirely outside of the Qt Project and migrated once it is working?

> There is some documentation at http://wiki.qt-project.org/index.php/Public_Autotest_Infrastructure
> which should be expanded.

ah great, will try to read it.

> That would be fine, we've used that approach for testdata sometimes in
> the past.  However it's hard to decide how much detail needs to go into
> the identification of the testdata.
> For example, maybe changing the version of system libraries such as
> freetype could change the font rendering slightly, so would you then
> include the freetype version number in the string as well?

In general yes. If the FreeType version in OSX Snow Lion is providing
different results then I would propose to have different results, in contrast
if some 'embedded' guy is using an old version I will ask him to upgrade. :)

cheers
	holger