[Development] Maintainer "TrustMes"

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 2 15:59:29 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 2 de abril de 2012 15.36.57, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > My question applies mostly to QtDBus, since I don't expect most people
> > will
> > know anything about that module. I've (ab)used Stephen's goodwill to
> > review
> > simple things, but I don't expect him to understand the message delivery
> > path for example.
>
> I plan to look into that stuff soon this week.

Thanks.

> > What is the suggested procedure?
>
> IIRC, you need to make sure someone is educated enough about the stuff to
> give a +1, and then you can give a +2. I think that was documented in the
> procedures.

I've done that with Andy and with Peppe (QRegExp and QRegularExpression,
respectively). That's fine.

It doesn't help me with QtDBus since there aren't people educated enough about
them, other than me. That means the module has a bus factor close to 1, which
is bad though.

> What to do when that doesn't work I'm not sure. I guess it's a
> responsibility of other approvers and maintainers to try to review such
> things if you ask them to in such situations.

And I don't want to overburden Lars with these things. And if I were to ask
another maintainer, say Gunnar, what can I expect of him? I really doubt he's
ever seen the codebase.

I also don't want to overburden you. Your helping me with one commit doesn't
make you an expert in the matter.