[Development] Maintainer "TrustMes"

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at nokia.com
Wed Apr 11 15:45:17 CEST 2012

On 04/02/2012 03:59 PM, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 2 de abril de 2012 15.36.57, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>>> My question applies mostly to QtDBus, since I don't expect most people
>>> will
>>> know anything about that module. I've (ab)used Stephen's goodwill to
>>> review
>>> simple things, but I don't expect him to understand the message delivery
>>> path for example.
>> I plan to look into that stuff soon this week.
> Thanks.
>
>>> What is the suggested procedure?
>> IIRC, you need to make sure someone is educated enough about the stuff to
>> give a +1, and then you can give a +2. I think that was documented in the
>> procedures.
> I've done that with Andy and with Peppe (QRegExp and QRegularExpression,
> respectively). That's fine.
>
> It doesn't help me with QtDBus since there aren't people educated enough about
> them, other than me. That means the module has a bus factor close to 1, which
> is bad though.
I think you need to just find a willing reviewer, not necessarily
maintainer. Then walk that person through the code, explain and let them
approve if they feel comfortable enough.
More work for you, but a little less bus factor and someone to share the
blame.
For DBus for example you can also add me as reviewer next to Lorn and
hope one of use either just OKs the change or discuss on irc.

This is just my personal opinion of course.
Frederik