[Development] [Releasing] Qt 5.0 alpha released

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 5 16:54:36 CEST 2012

On quinta-feira, 5 de abril de 2012 11.49.40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > and just for good measure, let simo repeat "i will not bypass CI again"
> > about a thousand times.
>
> Why? It sounds like this is exactly the proper releasing procedure. It's
> been like that since forever.

Clarifying: the procedure we've used is that the patch is properly approved
into the codeline, then cherry-picked into the release branch.

I don't want Simo to bypass the approval flow or CI. But having a release
branch might be necessary. That might be one of the regular branches we work
on, which is deep-frozen for a release. The workflow for this isn't established
yet.