[Development] [Releasing] Qt 5.0 alpha released

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Thu Apr 5 17:21:15 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 09:54 AM, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 5 de abril de 2012 11.49.40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> and just for good measure, let simo repeat "i will not bypass CI
>>> again" about a thousand times.
>>
>> Why? It sounds like this is exactly the proper releasing procedure.
>> It's been like that since forever.
>
> Clarifying: the procedure we've used is that the patch is properly
> approved into the codeline, then cherry-picked into the release
> branch.
>
> I don't want Simo to bypass the approval flow or CI. But having a
> release branch might be necessary. That might be one of the regular
> branches we work on, which is deep-frozen for a release. The workflow
> for this isn't established yet.

FYI: The patches were approved, they had been tested. They just had a
hard time passing through the CI due to unrelated changes being staged
all the time, in addition to some test fluctuations (file permissions at
one point even IIRC).

Anyways, we all agree that we don't want to and shouldn't work around
this, so we rather should discuss how to make it smoother and what kind
of process we would want.

--
.marius