[Development] New project - QtMediaHub

Girish Ramakrishnan girish at forwardbias.in
Wed Apr 11 23:22:05 CEST 2012

Hi,
We would like to setup our existing project QtMediaHub under the
qt-project. QtMediaHub is a media player pretty much like XBMC. It can
stream media to multiple devices, can be controlled using remote
control and completely skinnable (using QML).

The official home page is : http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtMediaHub

It's been a open project since the very beginning, the source code
resides under: https://gitorious.org/qtmediahub (license and copyright
headers will all change when if and when we move the project)

Some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXV4J0d_nE (confluence)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrGWKXdjkg (delphin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u94vwMXJJrs (matinee)

QMH runs on Qt4/Qt5 (QtQuick1 and QtQuick2). Uses lots and lots of Qt
apis (Qt3d, QtMobility, QtWebKit). Runs on the pi, broadcom/trident/ST
STB, amlogic boards and of course desktop (except windows). It runs on
directfb, eglfs, x11. The remote control app works on N9.

It's primary purpose of existence is first and foremost to be a Qt
showcase (that's why we have Qt prefix in the name). We also have HTML
based skins planned to showcase QtWebKit. Being a full blown media
player is an important but secondary goal.

We would like to have a setup similar to what we have in gitorious:
qtmediahub/qtmediahub-core (our qml runtime)
qtmediahub/confluence (skin)
qtmediahub/delphin (skin)
qtmediahub/matinee (skin)
qtmediahub/qtmediahub (the parent repo in which the above repos are submodules)

We already used QMH in various marketing material including the Qt5
alpha announcement, so it would be nice to bring it completely under
the qt-project.

Thanks,
QtMediaHub developers