[Development] Towards a Qt 5 beta: Documentation

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Thu Apr 12 20:25:22 CEST 2012

On 04/12/2012 06:12 AM, ext casper.vandonderen at nokia.com wrote:
> To get and keep our documentation in shape for Qt 5.0 and beyond I think
> we will need to tackle the following problems:
> 1.  The documentation is not modularized.
> 2.  The documentation build system is hard to explain to people.
> (consequence of 1)
> 3.  The different Qt modules have a completely different style of
> documenting.
> 4.  The QDoc commands and functionality are not known well enough by
> people, which causes QDoc errors.
> 5.  There is no real review process for documentation contributions.

There are other tasks that seems to be missing.

- What is documentation? Are we talking only about the API docs or also
about code examples, tutorials, demo videos?

- Who are the contributors working specifically in the deliverables
described above, and who is the overall responsible? Now it feels that a
lot of responsibilities fall between the cracks. That was ok-ish for the
pre-alpha phase but now we need more organization.

- What are the deliverables for the beta release? Documentation wasn't a
showstopper for an alpha release but certain documentation criteria need
to be met for the beta. What are those criteria?

--
Quim