[Development] Towards a Qt 5 beta: Documentation

casper.vandonderen at nokia.com casper.vandonderen at nokia.com
Fri Apr 13 09:04:42 CEST 2012

On 4/13/12 7:34 AM, "Lincoln Ramsay" <lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com> wrote:

>On 04/13/2012 03:19 PM, Vandonderen Casper (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote:
>> But I would be grateful if you would make a plan on how to turn qdoc
>> into a mini-qmake so that qdoc can parse the .pro/sync.profile, so
>> that we don't need the depends. Because that would probably also mean
>> that you have to run "qdoc [module.pro] [module.qdocconf]", or do you
>> see that differently?
>
>Doesn't qmake run over doc.pri to generate a Makefile rule "make docs"
>that you run? Or are we moving away from "make docs" and towards running
>qdoc explicitly?

You are correct, that is what will happen, the same as the current system.
The thing is that people have difficulty understanding where
QT_QML_QDOCCONF etc. come from currently.

I can see a problem with this since for Qt QtCore is just called core, and
I would not want to output the documentation to just /doc/core, but
/doc/qtcore, since there might be modules that do not start with Qt and
still use QDoc.

Casper