[Development] Towards a Qt 5 beta: Documentation

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Fri Apr 13 10:32:31 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 07:04:42AM +0000, ext casper.vandonderen at nokia.com wrote:
> You are correct, that is what will happen, the same as the current system.
> The thing is that people have difficulty understanding where
> QT_QML_QDOCCONF etc. come from currently.
>
> I can see a problem with this since for Qt QtCore is just called core, and
> I would not want to output the documentation to just /doc/core, but
> /doc/qtcore, since there might be modules that do not start with Qt and
> still use QDoc.

big deal.
qdoc_deps =
for(m, QT): qdoc_deps += $$lower($$eval(QT.$${m}.name))

and all that should be centralized in qt_module_config.prf, where all
the module creation magic happens. a lot more is already pending for the
buildsystem branch.

you should ask the buildsystem guys a bit more often in advance instead
of complaining that they are complaining about your solutions. ;)