[Development] Choosing a new MinGW for Qt/Qt Creator/Qt SDK

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Apr 20 21:23:05 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 03:08:01PM -0400, andy fillebrown wrote:
> [...]
> GCC 4.6.2 and 4.7.0 from mingwbuilds do not have the slow startup
> problem.  There are still two issues, though.

I still don't think the gcc matters much in this case. gdb version
certainly does.

> 1) Breakpoints have to be set before the project is run.  If they
> aren't, i.e. a breakpoint is set after the project is started, gdb
> never hits it.  It only hits the breakpoint if it's set before running
> gdb.
>
> 2) When a breakpoint is hit, the call stack is only one call deep.
> Trying to step out of the function at the top of the call stack (into
> the calls marked "??") crashes gdb.
>
> This is on Windows 7 64 bit using QtCreator.

What version of Creator? If it's not 2.5 beta, then can you please try
with that? And can you please attach the debugger log (contents of the
right pane of Windows->Views->Debugger Log, or send it to me in private
mail? Thanks.

Andre'