[Development] Choosing a new MinGW for Qt/Qt Creator/Qt SDK

andy fillebrown andy.fillebrown at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 14:06:57 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM, André Pönitz
<andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 06:33:54PM -0400, andy fillebrown wrote:
>> Here are some attachments from a run using Creator 2.5 beta.  The
>> project was built with the mingwbuild containing gcc 4.6.2 and gdb
>> 7.4.  The .txt and .png suffixed with "call-stack" are the debugger
>> log and a screen-capture of the debug run just after a breakpoint is
>> hit.  The .txt and .png suffixed with
>> "error-message-from-stepping-out-of-function" are the debugger log and
>> a screen-capture of the debug run just after stepping out of the top
>> function in the call stack.
>
> This is
>
>    https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-5200

Are you sure?  The application output pane shows the issue raised in
that bug report but I see the same message when using the gdb 7.2
shipped with the current Qt SDK, and that version of gdb has no
problem showing me the whole call stack.  This would lead me to
believe the two issues are unrelated, but I don't know a lot about it,
fwiw.

> There had been rumours that this was solved in (really) recent gdb
> builds like the ones that are intended to be shipped with Creator 2.5.
>
> In theory, these should be also available on
>
>    http://builds.qt-project.org/job/gdb-windows/

Too bad there are no successful builds listed.  Thanks for the link,
though.  It may be useful down the road.

Cheers,
~ andy.f