[Development] [Interest] Building 32-bit Qt 5 on Mac

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Apr 25 13:54:22 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 25 de abril de 2012 11.39.22, morten.sorvig at nokia.com wrote:
> Yes, Qt 5.0 will support 32-bit builds. We'll have to figure out _how_. I'm
> not a big fan of multiple mkspecs so I'm going to suggest a configure
> option of some sort. Perhaps we can re-use "-device-option" from
> http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2012/04/13/cross-compiling-qt-for-the-masses/ .

To build 32-bit on a 64-bit Linux, you need to use -platform linux-g++-32, so
I don't see why you shouldn't use a different mkspec. And now in Qt 5, it
actually works, without mis-detecting the architecture.

That's how the buildsystem was intended: if you want to modify the compile
options, you modify the mkspec or you write a new one.