[Development] Deprecation warnings are enabled

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Mon Apr 30 22:36:41 CEST 2012

On Monday 30 April 2012 19:55:25 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> On 4/30/12 9:07 PM, "ext bradley.hughes at nokia.com"
>
> <bradley.hughes at nokia.com> wrote:

> >> In which modules are all those warnings?
> >
> >I see warnings in all Qt modules.
> >
> >> For me, qtbase and few other modules compiles fine, without deprecated
> >> methods.
> >
> >Interesting, I will have to rebuild and see what warnings are still
> >remaining. Last I saw, there were several hundred new warnings for qtbase
> >alone.
>
> I think most of them were related to qimage.h producing warnings (unless
> you were using gcc 4.6 or 4.7).

Ah, that could be.. then those will dispear when we start to build without
deprecated function I suppose.

> >> Peraps we could add back the const overload, but as deprecated?
> >
> >Too late now. Change is already in qtbase and Qt Creator. Time has
> >already been spent. Nothing we can do about that now.
>
> Agree that it's to late for this change.

It is not too late.
When we do a SIC change in the public API, the proplem we have within qt-
project are not our main concern.
The bigger concern is all the "customers" using it.  They need to do it all at
once, and they have a lesser knoweldge about the required changes than we.

So we can still make it less intrusive for others.