[Development] Deprecation warnings are enabled

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 30 23:27:47 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 30 de abril de 2012 22.36.41, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > I think most of them were related to qimage.h producing warnings (unless
> > you were using gcc 4.6 or 4.7).
>
> Ah, that could be.. then those will dispear when we start to build without
> deprecated function I suppose.

Unfortunately, for the qimage.h case, the warning was there *because* qimage.h
used the deprecated functions it defined itself. It was a constructor of a
deprecated type, but we of course had to use the type somewhere.

Lars fixed it properly by introducing a private and non-deprecated constructor
that the deprecated code can use without triggering the warning. It's a much
cleaner solution than the long pragma sections to disable the warning.

That's why he gets the big bucks. I wish I had thought of that solution :-)