[Development] Qt5 build issue for Harmattan

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Aug 25 13:45:10 CEST 2012

> We cannot really fix this within Qt as each implementation is free to
>> define
>> GLchar to whatever they like within the confines of the spec. Usually it's
>> just a typedef to char but that is not necessarily always the case.
>>

> I would personally appreciate a solution upstream, if possible. I know,
> Harmattan is not a tier 1 platform, and will probably never be, but it is a
> regression for the build either way. We have had working builds before.

The code already has an entry like this:

# ifndef GLdouble
typedef GLfloat GLdouble;
# endif

I can submit a patch to gerrit like this:

# ifndef GLchar
typedef GLbyte GLchar;
# endif

Would that be alright? This would fix the regression for systems not
matching the khronos implementation. I do not personally find GLchar in the
specifications.

Laszlo