[Development] HELP NEEDED: Cleaning up the class documentation for Qt 5

eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at nokia.com eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at nokia.com
Thu Aug 30 14:21:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

We've started looking at cleaning up the documentation to make it more consistent with the changes made in Qt 5. One big task is handling the class reference documentation. Since this was originally written when widgets were the only way to write GUIs in Qt, some of the documentation is rather widget-centric in how it presents things. There might also be other content in there that is no longer correct, or less relevant, with the changes made in Qt 5.

The only way to do this is really to go through the classes one by one. We need to actually read the documentation for each class to make sure it still makes sense and presents Qt in a way that give people the information they need. I'm hoping the maintainers of classes have the time to go through the classes they own, and if anyone else wants to step up and handle any unclaimed classes, we'll be very thankful for the effort.

To organize the work, we've made a wiki-page:

               http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ClassDocumentationCleanUp

If you want to help out, please edit the page and replace "unassigned" with your name next to the class you're claiming to avoid duplicate work. If the class requires patching, please make sure the change is actually merged before you mark the class as "done".

Thanks!

-- Eskil, Paul and Samuel