[Development] The final mile

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Sun Dec 2 00:20:37 CET 2012

> From: development-bounces+kai.koehne=digia.com at qt-project.org [development-bounces+kai.koehne=digia.com at qt-project.org] on behalf of Thiago Macieira [thiago.macieira at intel.com]
>> On segunda-feira, 19 de novembro de 2012 20.09.35, Knoll Lars wrote:
>> * WebKit library split (WebKit + WebKitWidgets)
>>
>> This is a binary incompatible change, that has to go in for 5.0. Most of the
>> QtWebKit team is working on this, and I have good confidence that the
>> change will be and done in some time next week.
>
> This has apparently created source-incompatible changes which broke the
> package generation today.

Just to clarify this a bit, we had a build failure of qt-creator today in the qt-sdk packaging process where the compiler failed to find a "QWebSettings" include, although the .pro file did include "QT += webkitwidgets". The compiler call did actually contain -Iinclude/QtWebKitWidgets, but not -Iinclude/QtWebKit. This AFAIK only happened on Mac, and we're not yet sure what's the root cause (and whether it's a general Qt problem, or a problem with the way we compile Qt Creator / patch Qt on the build machines, which is a bit special ...).

Regards

Kai

PS: I pushed a fix that hopefully works around the issue by explicitly adding "QT+=webkit". So if anybody wants to give it a try locally, first revert https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,41469 in qt-creator.