[Development] Serious problem with Modeless dialogs on Mac (Qt 4.8)

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Wed Dec 5 16:40:16 CET 2012

Hi dear list,

We are experiencing serious problems in our mac applications due to this bug

All modeless dialogs disappear behind the main application whenever the
user clicks outside them (consider a Find/Replace dialog which always
needs to be on top of the main application window).

Is there any plan to fix it? Are we the only ones having that problem?
Is there a workaround for it?
Sorry I keep asking about that problem, but Qt (Cocoa framework) is
almost unusable in lot of application if that problem is not fixed.

This problem is happening only on Mac, not on Windows or Linux (Gnome).
We noticed this problem after upgrading our application from Qt 4.6.3 to
the latest version (Qt 4.8.4).

Thanks in advance for your help,
     Calogero

--
Calogero Mauceri
Software Engineer

Applied Coherent Technology Corporation (ACT)
www.actgate.com