[Development] Running Qt auto-tests offscreen

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Dec 7 17:33:14 CET 2012

On sexta-feira, 7 de dezembro de 2012 17.12.06, Jedrzej Nowacki wrote:
> > I agree in theory, provided that the tests that do stress out the
> > integration are close to complete testing. In practice, there's no way to
> > tell whether the testing is enough, so I'd rather we keep full testing,
> > whether redundant or not, unless we have a compelling reason not to.
>
> I think that "being able to run all tests on a desktop without focus issues"
> +  "reducing test time execution from 8,5 to 2 minutes" = "a compelling
> reason".

I don't think that's enough a risk of introducing regressions because we don't
have any testing of a particular feature. Note I was talking about running in
the CI system, not for quick tests locally before submitting.

A "compelling reason" for running in the CI system would be that the total
test time is too long, for example.