[Development] QAction-like API for QML

Davet Jacques davetjacques at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 11 12:39:26 CET 2012

Shawn Rutledge <shawn.rutledge at digia.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 07:39:36PM -0800, Alan Alpert wrote:
>> Note that it has no-where near as many properties as QAction. toolTip
>> and whatsThis for example are very desktop centric so not needed
>> anymore. Because it's not actually doing the rendering it doesn't need
>> enabled, visible or font. As for the rest I think it's better to start
>
> Well as you pointed out at the beginning, action objects will be used for
> desktop apps too.  So maybe the tooltip is still useful.

Why not give it generic "description" and "helpText" fields?

Current desktop apps can show "description" in tooltips and "helpText" using the What's This feature.
Current mobile apps can simply ignore them.
Future desktop and mobile apps can show them (or not) using the UI concepts future designers come up with.