[Development] QAction-like API for QML

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Tue Dec 11 14:12:16 CET 2012

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your initiative in pointing out what is still missing in
QtQml/QtQuick.

On Monday, December 10, 2012 19:39:36 Alan Alpert wrote:
> Note that it has no-where near as many properties as QAction. toolTip
> and whatsThis for example are very desktop centric so not needed
> anymore.

I think it's a mistake to assume that a new action API is not going to be
useful on the desktop. I think it does need to be useful there. Additionally,
a new action API should be useful in a hybrid QML2/Widget application, so
please make that part of the design of the new API.

So, I think that the properties you don't include (toolTip, whatsThis,
statusTip) *are* necessary. You also should consider accessibility in this new
design.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer