[Development] Qt 5 packaging and binary renaming

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:50:30 CET 2012

2012/12/12 Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com>:
>  https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-proper

o/

> and finding that they were installing broken cmake files as a result of
> renaming the binaries and moving the mkspecs.

Thanks for notifying.

> So please, whether you use the wrapper tool or not, please run the cmake unit
> tests to ensure that you are not creating a broken situation for anyone using
> your packages.
>
> Thaigo, if that tool is a requirement for packagers, why is it not a release
> blocker for Qt 5.0? What do you expect packagers to do?

It seems at the moment [1] Debian would be waiting for the tool to
arrive, which means I'd also drop the renaming/alternatives patches
from Qt5. I've been looking at Qt5 packaging with the idea of having
something to test for us and potentially helping Debian by
pre-checking how Qt5 looks from packaging point of view. Fathi started
initial packaging around beta1 time for a couple of modules, on which
my (and Zoltan's) packaging is based.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/695837

-Timo