[Development] requesting an own 4.8-blackberry10 branch on gitorious

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 16:05:34 CET 2012

> There may be several reasons, but I faced issues like getting "Do not
> submit" without a clear explanation (at least for me). Then I had to wait
> 1-2 days to get a clear explanation what could be improved. I can
> understand if such a thing gets blocker for someone.
>
> Whether or not it is a CI problem, or something else, it does not matter
> much for the _moment_ since it remains a problem as of now until fixed.

Not helping them with a "workaround" just gets worse as the companies or
individuals may just well host the "clone" on their own without too much
visibility or/and with separation with potentially different workflows
which is a lot more distraction than with a branch. That would be certainly
even worse in my opinion. I can say that from experience I went through
this, too.

I appreciate you wanna fix the process to be appealing for as many
participants as possible, but that does not make it done right now, so why
not helping them with a "workaround", fix the process, and invite them for
the improved process?

Laszlo