[Development] OpenGL in Qt 5.1 and onwards

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 19:14:58 CET 2012

> 7) More enabler classes for textures, samplers, and higher-level
> abstractions.
> I think these would be good candidates for a Qt3D library, unless someone
> would really like to see a subset in QtGui.

What exactly do you mean by more texture enabler into Qt3D on the top of
the existing texture class?

I briefly discussed the texture topic a few days ago with Samuel and
Gunnar. I would personally like to see something "basic" in QtGui. I see
the same feature set reimplemented at least in 2-3 Qt projects for the
basic operations, but perhaps there are more around.

Laszlo