[Development] Qt 5.0.1 and 5.1

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Wed Dec 19 15:08:35 CET 2012

Now that we have 5.0 finally out, I thought I'll give a short update about the plans for 5.0.1 and 5.1.

The current idea is to do a 5.0.1 release pretty soon. We already have quite a few fixes in stable that aren't in the release, and we'll be busy fixing more bugs over the next weeks. So my goal would be to target for the second half of January for a 5.0.1 release.

As we said for a long time we would like to go over to a time based release model for minor releases. But having them always directly before the summer break and directly before christmas is far from ideal. So I'd like to shorten the 5.1 schedule in such a way that we can release 5.1 by the end of April, latest beginning of May. This will require a feature freeze for 5.1 by end of February.

Feature wise this is not a problem, as I believe the main feature of 5.1 will be bug fixes, stability and adding some more modules such as Qt 3D and Qt Sensors back into the default distribution.

Cheers,
Lars