[Development] Qt Version Compatibility wiki article

Sergio Ahumada san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Dec 21 16:29:00 CET 2012

On 12/20/2012 07:41 PM, Mitch Curtis wrote:
> On Thursday, December 20, 2012 06:46:32 PM Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>  > On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 06:36:32PM +0100, Mitch Curtis wrote:
>  > > http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Version-Compatibility
>  >
>  > the part about behavior compatibility makes no sense at all - it's part
>  > of binary compatibility. you can change released behavior only if it is
>  > clearly bogus, and even then be careful (you can be _a little_ less
>  > conservative in minor releases than in patch releases).
>  >
>  > the definite guide to qt-related binary compat is
>  > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B
>  > - just link to it.
>
> Thanks Ossi (and others on #qt-labs). Have removed the behavioural
> compatibility stuff and am now linking to KDE's definitions of
> compatibility.

Mitch,

You might want to get tst_bic to work now if you are interested on this

https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtqa/trees/master/tests/postbuild/bic

I havent tried myself, but I think that you might need:

- Generate the vtables with gen.sh
- Fix tst_bic.cpp to make Qt 5 compatible
- Run some tests (in theory)
   cd <qtmodule>
   QT_MODULE_TO_TEST=$PWD /path/to/tests/postbuild/bic/tst_bic

Maybe you also need https://codereview.qt-project.org/43351 merged first.

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada