[Development] Status of ActiveQt module?

Jedrzej Nowacki jedrzej.nowacki at nokia.com
Wed Feb 1 13:02:52 CET 2012

On Wednesday 1. February 2012 12.48.07 ext Robin Burchell wrote:
> 2012/2/1 Jedrzej Nowacki <jedrzej.nowacki at nokia.com>:
> > Yes, and by updating QMetaObjectBuilder we will update data generated by
> > ActiveQt. ActiveQt would use the newest meta object version (faster &&
> > tested).
>
> As (I think) was raised on Gerrit - this requires that someone take
> the time to make it use QMetaObjectBuilder...
We need such person anyway. Rewriting this code using QMetaTypeObjectBuilder
is kind of future proof. Alternative is to rewrite ActiveQt to use a newer
format which may be easier and may be valid as a short term solution. If not
then we will be forced to keep compatibility in meta object data or to drop
ActiveQt for Qt5.

Cheers,
  Jędrek