[Development] Feature freeze and Alpha

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Mon Feb 6 08:26:07 CET 2012

On 5.2.2012 16.12, "lars.knoll at nokia.com" <lars.knoll at nokia.com> wrote:

>We also need to now create a team that focuses on creating packages out of
>our source code that we can then release. For the Alpha I propose that we
>only do source packages (great if we get binaries though), we will however
>need to prepare for creating binary packages for our reference platforms
>with the beta. I am looking for people who would like to participate in
>this process, please speak up if you are interested.

Digia is ready to co-operate in this area, especially for the binary
packages and installers. As we have been doing the commercial releases,
packaging and installers for different environments, we have expertise in
this area.

I think that it is a good idea to make the Alpha as source only in order
to have it available as soon as possible. Making the binary installers
will take some time, and that work is good to start based on the Alpha so
that we have good installers for the Beta(s).

Yours,

--
Tuukka Turunen
Director, Qt Commercial R&D