[Development] Separation of QtQuick 1 from QtDeclarative repo

martin.jones at nokia.com martin.jones at nokia.com
Mon Feb 6 08:58:04 CET 2012

[snip]
> >Hi,
> >
> >It seems like this change broke qt/qttools, can you confirm this please ?

Yes, qttools needs to build with 'QT += quick1' now.  (Which won't yet work because the repo isn't entirely ready, sorry.)

> I'd assume qttools doesn't include the qtquick1 repo as a dependency. But
> there's anyway another issue as we currently have duplicated class names
> between declarative and quick1. Afaik, Matthew is working on fixing this
> and renaming the QDeclarative* classes for Qt Quick 2 to Qml*

Yes, we are working on renaming the classes in the declarative module to either Qml... or QQuick... depending on case.  There will be a period where using QtQuick 1 and 2 together is not possible, but we will sort this out as quickly as we can, hopefully without causing big disruptions to users of either library.

Br,
Martin.