[Development] Separation of QtQuick 1 from QtDeclarative repo

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Mon Feb 13 17:52:09 CET 2012

On Friday, February 03, 2012 12:17:35 lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >It seems like this change broke qt/qttools, can you confirm this please ?
>
> I'd assume qttools doesn't include the qtquick1 repo as a dependency.

It needs declarative in Qt4 because lupdate uses it to extract translations.

This raises the question of whether lupdate will also need to use the Qt5
declarative module to extract QML2 translations, or will the language and
features remain static so that the qtquick features will also be sufficient.

On Monday, February 06, 2012 07:58:04 martin.jones at nokia.com wrote:
> Yes, we are working on renaming the classes in the declarative module to
> either Qml... or QQuick... depending on case.  There will be a period where
> using QtQuick 1 and 2 together is not possible, but we will sort this out
> as quickly as we can, hopefully without causing big disruptions to users of
> either library.

This raises the question of whether the Qt5/declarative module will be renamed
(if all classes in it are renamed Qml*) and if the module includes will be
moved.

The followup question is whether the qtqtuick1 module can be renamed
QtDeclarative so that there is less source incompatibility (of the buildsystem
and module includes).

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer