[Development] RFC: The Future of QDoc

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Thu Feb 9 15:30:20 CET 2012

On 9 February 2012 14:15, Keno Fischer <kenof at stanford.edu> wrote:
>> Implement a new C++ parser
>
> Any plans on using Clang a parser? The wiki page mentioned Qt Creator's AST,
> but it seems like Qt Creator will be moving away from its own implementation
> in the future, so I think that might be something to consider. Also, since
> the necessary work on Clang is being done for Qt Creator anyway (I'm
> thinking of things like signals/slots) it might be worth to keep qdoc in
> mind when working on Clang for Qt Creator. Any thoughts?

There's also the KDevelop C++ parser. It already supports many C++11
features and run very fast. As far as I'm aware it doesn't depends on
any KDE libraries (Qt only) and already has the ability to extract
Doxygen-style comments. I don't know if there are any KDevelop people
on this list who can comment further?

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com