[Development] Changes to the Jira roles and workflow

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Mon Feb 13 20:27:17 CET 2012

Maybe you're looking at a "triage" role, if the role is prioritizing and assigning of tasks among a team that is mostly funded by one company.

Another role we need in JIRA is "contributor".
This is somebody who is not a reviewer, but can still be assigned tasks & transition their assigned tasks through the normal workflow.
Ideally, anyone who has had a patch accepted should be given this level of access if they want it.*
For example, to work on bugs related to code they previously submitted.
Also, this covers most Nokia (or other organization) engineers who are not approvers.

I'm hoping abuse of JIRA privileges is rare, but it should also be easy to revoke them if needed.

*Some people will contribute a patch for a bug they found in their project that uses Qt, and we don't want to discourage this by giving unwanted responsibility.

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.