[Development] Schedule for Qt 4.8.1
olivier at woboq.com
Tue Feb 14 11:45:58 CET 2012
On Monday 13 February 2012 12:28:06 Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Hi All,
> We would like to release next version of Qt Commercial 4.8 around mid-March.
> It would be really great if we can again sync the LGPL and Commercial
> releases both in timing and content to the extent possible.
> If we agree that mid-March is a good target time for the next patch release,
> we should have as much as possible all the fixes in by end of February.
> Naturally a patch release will not have any new features, but there are
> some fixes that we are very much targeting to be in 4.8.1 such as ones
> needed for publishing apps in the Mac App Store.
> Since 4.8 was moved to gerrit, we have been actively redoing our merge
> requests, and quite much has already been merged into the 4.8 branch.
Hi, not really related, but here are some question that I have regarding 4.8.x
1) What are the planed differences between the open source and the comercial
2) Will there be a release branch, like there was with previous version of Qt?
(Which let a bit of time to stabilize the actual release by cherry-picking
There was none with Qt 4.8.0, why?
If there is one, when?
3) Usually, since a lot of bugs are found in a x.y.0 release, the x.y.1 comes
quickly after (less than 2 months). Mid march is 4 months after 4.8.0
(Yes, that's more a fact than a qustion)
4) Who is the responsible for the Qt 4.8.x releases?
5) Was there a post mortem after 4.8.0 release? (What went good, what went
bad?) How is the feedback after the release? How stable is that minor
release compared to other ones?
More information about the Development