[Development] QML engine C++ class renaming

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 16 13:27:43 CET 2012

On quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2012 13.01.39, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> It's quite similar to the current qmetaobject revisions situation where now
> qtactiveqt is being updated. QtQuick1 would have to be maintained, but
> presumably no one is stepping up to do that.

Let's be clear then:

If there's a Qt Quick 1 library, I'd like to see an upfront commitment from a
group of people to maintain it and for how many releases they plan on doing so
before finally deprecating and removing it. (for example, deprecate in mid-2013
[5.2], mid-2014 [5.4])

I know that predicting the future is hard and changes do happen unexpectedly.
What I'm asking is for a certain degree of confidence, especially because we
all know how many hacks were used in developing the QtDeclarative and how much
of QtCore, QtGui and QtScript internals it made use of.

Speaking as the QtCore maintainer, I don't want the burden upon me to keep
compatibility with a library that extensively (ab)used the internals of my
module.

If that guarantee cannot be given, I will oppose the inclusion of QtQuick1 as
part of the Qt 5.0 release.