[Development] QSystemAlignedTimer to QtCore

Kumar-Kuntala Kranthi (Nokia-MS/Tampere) kranthi.kumar-kuntala at nokia.com
Fri Feb 17 13:09:05 CET 2012

Hi,

In continuation to the discussion we had some time time ago merge former
mobility systeminfo Api's QSystemAlignedtimer to QTimer.

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2011-November/000526.html

I would like to keep QSystemAlignedtimer as a separate class and not to
merge in QTimer due to below reason

the underlaying layer in harmattan needs a window of time in which the
process have to be woken up at the same time to save the battery
consumption etc and for other backends this might not be the case

so I have ported/copied the harmattan backend for QSystemAlignedtimer to
QAlignedTimer in Qt5 in here http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,16646

any Comments ?

--
Best Regards,