[Development] QSystemAlignedTimer to QtCore

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 17 13:23:46 CET 2012

On sexta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2012 14.09.05, Kumar-Kuntala Kranthi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In continuation to the discussion we had some time time ago merge former
> mobility systeminfo Api's QSystemAlignedtimer to QTimer.
>
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2011-November/000526.html
>
> I would like to keep QSystemAlignedtimer as a separate class and not to
> merge in QTimer due to below reason
>
> the underlaying layer in harmattan needs a window of time in which the
> process have to be woken up at the same time to save the battery
> consumption etc and for other backends this might not be the case
>
> so I have ported/copied the harmattan backend for QSystemAlignedtimer to
> QAlignedTimer in Qt5 in here http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,16646
>
> any Comments ?

We're 2 weeks past the feature freeze and you're proposing an entirely new and
separate class, without requiring changes in any of the public classes that
will be in 5.0.

So this new contribution is Qt 5.1 material.

Aside from that, I understand the need for a timer window. When we suggested
merging with QTimer it was to check if that is possible. If it doesn't turn
out to be, then so be it, a new class is born.

Your contribution is also sorely lacking implementation for other platforms,
including the reference ones. Please provide such implementation or document
that the platform has no such feature.